WHAT IS DATA ESSENTIALS?
With the deadline for compliance for the EU GDPR fast approaching organisations are advised to begin their preparation for the EU GDPR sooner rather than later. As there, currently, is no official certification for EU GDPR compliance, Certification Europe have developed a new Data Essentials service. Tailored to meet the EU GDPR requirements, Data Essentials is an easy way for organisations to gauge how their current data protection procedures measure against the EU GDPR obligations.
Our Data Essentials framework covers the key requirements of the EU GDPR to assist you and your organisation toward achieving your compliance objectives. Data Essentials is a hassle-free, straightforward approach to EU GDPR compliance, perfect for companies of all sizes. Certification Europe is the first and only accredited certification body in Ireland to offer a service of this kind. To make your preparations for the EU GDPR run as smooth as possible, contact us here
WHY DO YOU NEED DATA ESSENTIALS?
Implementing an externally assessed scheme like Data Essentials can help an organisation prepare for, and meet the requirements of the EU GDPR which are a legal requirement by May 2018. Compliance with such a scheme brings numerous benefits such as:
- Focus on your core business objectives knowing that you are prepared for the EU GDPR
- Ensuring the relevant and correct policies, processes and procedures are in place
- Highlighting elements for improvement to ensure compliance when the deadline occurs
- Demonstrate to clients, insurers, investors and other interested parties that you have taken the precautions necessary to comply with the data protection regulations
The Certification Journey
Data Essentials is one part of a range of certification schemes that organisations can implement to increase the security of their data and information and protect themselves from cyber attacks. These schemes allow organisations to demonstrate their commitment to protecting their information and data assets and continually improving how they manage their security.
The certification schemes offered by Certification Europe are designed for organisations of all sizes and each brings added benefits. These schemes can be integrated or used as standalone certifications. Data Essentials fits perfectly into all of these schemes and can be the first step in implementing an effective management system within your organisation.
- Data Essentials
- Online assessment of an organisations preparedness for the EU GDPR
- Data Essentials Plus
- Onsite Gap Assessment to see how your organisation has implemented policies and procedures to comply with the EU GDPR
- Cyber Essentials
- Online assessment of your organisations IT security controls. Internationally recognised and a requirement for many UK tenders and contracts
- Cyber Essentials Plus
- Onsite and offsite vulnerability scans and penetration testing to assess your IT security against common cyber attacks
- BS 10012:2017 – Data Protection
- The newly released update to the British standard incorporates the EU GDPR requirements and allows organisations to be certified to a recognised standard for Data Protection
- ISO 27018 – Protection of personally identifiable information (PII) in public clouds
- Certification Europe have been assessing organisations against this standard across Ireland, Europe and the US. This can seamlessly integrate into any ISO 27001 management system
- ISO 27001:2013 – Information Security Management Systems
- The most recognised information security standard in the world, ISO 27001 has been implemented by a wide range of organisations to ensure that their data and client information is secured.